eCareersGrad Ltd is committed to the highest standards of information security, privacy and transparency in accordance with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
eCareersGrad – who we are
Data information we collect about you
Personal data or personal information means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- University data: includes the Higher Education institution you are enrolled with;
- Identity data: includes first name and last name;
- Contact data: includes email address;
- Technical Data: Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, weblogs and other communication data;
- Contact data: Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason.
Storage, protection and transfer of your personal data
Secure storage and protection of your personal data is very important to us. This section sets out some of the measures we have in place:
- Data that is provided to us is stored on our secure servers based in the EEA. The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
- We apply physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personal data.
- We protect the security of your information while it is being transmitted by encrypting it.
- We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption to keep this data safe.
- We only authorise access to employees and trusted partners who need it to carry out their responsibilities.
- We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, and we carry out penetration testing to identify ways to further strengthen security.
Disclosing your information
We will not share your data with any other third party and will disclose your personal information in the following circumstances only:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you or a partner institution;
- Where we sell any or all of our business and/ or our assets to a third party;
- Where we are legally required to disclose your information.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for. Specifically:
- To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data; the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data; the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means; and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements.
- We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
- In some circumstances, we will anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
- You have the right to request access to, correction of, or erasure of your data. The latter enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. We will endeavour to comply with this request within 28 days of the request being submitted. Please Contact Us to do so.
Third party links
- You might find links to third party websites on our website. These websites should have their own privacy policies which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
Access to information
- The Data Protection Act 2018 gives you the right to access the information that we hold about you. This includes the right to:
- be informed about how your data is being used
- access personal data
- have incorrect data updated
- have data erased
- stop or restrict the processing of your data
- data portability (allowing you to get and reuse your data for different services)
- object to how your data is processed in certain circumstances
- Please Contact us for access requests. Please note, if you have deleted your data we will not be able to provide you with such information.